Monday, September 13, 2010

Cider

We've been drinking a lot of cider lately. We've tried so many different ones. American ciders. British ciders. Canadian ciders. We keep going back to Strongbow, honestly. Blackthorn is pretty good too. Most of the boutique American ones have something a bit off. And Canadian cider is just generally weird.

Anyhow, this link to make your own cider seems very interesting. If you've ever brewed your own beer, it sounds similar. A bit easier really. I would do more of this sort of thing but I'd like to figure out a cheap way to filter and carbonate. Oh, I'd ferment in a carboy as well, which they leave out. And sterilize, sterilize, sterilize. God...I used to really hate dealing with old bottles. Need to figure out a way to keg this stuff. Actually, it sounds pretty easy.

Update - Boingboing is now talking about moonshine. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment