Friday, July 30, 2010

For days when you are bored at work.

I have seen links like this before, but this seems to be a pretty good one. Straight from boingboing, the "Best Magazine Articles Ever".

Lot's of David Foster Wallace, including the cruise article I talked about a week or so back and one about string theory that I'm certain Evan will get excited about (sorry...it's actually about tennis). I also just read the Federer article, which is just about the most thorough description of a sport I've ever read.

I attempted to read one the Tom Wolfe article about Nascar a year or so back, but Tom Wolfe can be really annoying sometimes and I couldn't get more than a few paragraphs in. Even the title of the article is annoying.

And I read this Errol Morris article about stupid people not knowing that they are wrong a month or two back. I think I posted it on my other blog (god, that sounds terrible). Part 2 is is about hysteria and mental disease. Part 3 is about Woodrow Wilson's anosognosia and its consequences. Part 4 is more of the same and Part 5 tries to bring it all back together.

Other than that, I have a lot of reading to do.

1 comment: